As March Madness concluded last night with a close fought game between North Carolina and Gonzaga, a similar battle was waged between two San Francisco Giants legends.
The previous two seasons, Mays had faced off against his godson, Barry Bonds in the finals. Posey, however, took on the home run king and defeated him in an upset in the Final Four matchup. Willie McCovey took on Mays to round out the Final Four.
Posey, who was ranked as a 3 seed heading into the tournament, had a tremendous run this year, as it is clear that Giants fans love their catcher.
There is still time to vote for Mays or Bonds today if you hurry. Just click on the Tweet below.
Here are the results of the Final Four:
Here are the Elite 8 Results:
More from Around the Foghorn
- SF Giants: Checking in on the Tony Watson trade
- San Francisco Giants fans need this Captain Brandon Belt shirt
- SF Giants: Brandon Belt’s surge has powered winning streak
- SF Giants hitting prospects week in review (8/28-9/10)
- SF Giants: Pitching depth bolstered with waiver claim
Be sure to check back in with #SFGiantsMadness next off-season for the fourth installment of the game. A big thank you to all baseball fans that participated in the voting throughout the tournament. Also, a thank you to Around the Foghorn for helping me showcase the game on the website and through social media.
- Sweet 16 results
- #SFGiantsMadness 1-4 Seeds
- #SFGiantsMadness 5-8 Seeds
- #SFGiantsMadness 9-12 seeds
- #SFGiantsMadness 13-16 seeds
The Giants play today at 5:40 PST against the Arizona Diamondbacks.