Sports Astrologer Andrea Mallis weighs in on San Francisco Giants Third Baseman Matt Duffy’s Struggles
By Vince Cestone
Matt Duffy is in a slump.
After going 0-for-1 Monday night as a pinch hitter, the San Francisco Giants third baseman is now hitting just .170 on the year. He is looking over-anxious at the plate and is not squaring the ball up like he did in his 2015 rookie season.
So, what’s wrong with Duffy?
In this Around the Foghorn exclusive, we asked Sports Astrologer Andrea Mallis to give her take on the Duffman’s struggles.
Here is the full interview:
Bullet points from Andrea:
6 planets in super ambitious Capricorn!
More from SF Giants News
- Podcast: SF Giants drop pair against Padres, gear up for Atlanta
- SF Giants: Checking in on the Tony Watson trade
- SF Giants: Brandon Belt’s surge has powered winning streak
- SF Giants hitting prospects week in review (8/28-9/10)
- SF Giants: Pitching depth bolstered with waiver claim
- Sun in Capricorn: Serious, disciplined, and ambitious, driven to prove yourself and to achieve accomplishments and success. Your work, your position in the world, and your contributions to society are very important to you. You can persevere through enormous hardship and frustration in order to reach a goal you have set for yourself.
- You have a thoughtful, quiet, and self-contained disposition and do not readily show your Inner feelings and needs. You seem to be always in control, capable, efficient, and strong.
- You are a highly conscientious, old soul of the zodiac. Your strong points are your depth and thoroughness, patience, tenacity. Like a Mountain Goat, climbing to the top. Your faults are a tendency to be critical, hard on yourself and too serious. You have a mature and often somber demeanor. You are serious, reserved, self-disciplined, highly responsible and conscientious.
- Serious and responsible, you try to carry the world on your shoulders and rarely let others know that you need help and support. You also need to learn to relax, enjoy yourself, and play sometimes. Luckily. there is Skeeter, your magical cat! #RallySkeeter!
- Once you set your mind on a goal, your dedication, determination, and commitment to it are extraordinary. You pursue your ambitions tenaciously and will stubbornly refuse to give up, let go, or be influenced in any way. Like Aesop’s tortoise, you labor patiently and steadfastly until you achieve what you want!
- You are very conscientious, responsible, and concerned with your duty, your public image, and reputation, and becoming a person of stature in the world. You understand the need for hard work and careful planning in order to accomplish anything substantial and you’re capable of much self-discipline and patience once you set your sights on a goal.
- Duffy on recent struggles: “While you’re in stretches like this it’s not easy…..stay calm and patient I guess…..Keep your head about you. That’s the hardest thing, keeping your confidence high.”
- Luckily, these struggles are short-lived. Mercury, planet of communication, is currently opposing Duffy’s Pluto, planet of power and intensity, can be a bit obsessive with thoughts.
- Try not to over think, trust the process; this too shall pass, April 24. Another test from the universe will be May 7-10.
- An auspicious time for research, and positive transformation, as Duffy was reported to be reading Harvey Dorfman’s “The Mental Keys to Hitting, A Handbook of Strategies for Peak Performance.”
- Mercury will Retrograde for all of us, however, April 28-May 22. Be mindful of communications; allow extra time for travel, and technology snafus. Yet, a stellar time for all of us to review, rethink, reflect. Timing is Everything!
If you want to contact Andrea, here is her website: www.virgoinservice.com
Next: Bullpen Implodes In 9-7 Loss
Thanks again Andrea!