SF Giants 2021 schedule released, for some reason
The SF Giants and the rest of MLB announced their 2021 schedules.
Thursday morning (or Thursday afternoon in the eastern half of the country), a surprise landed in everyone’s email box: the 2021 MLB schedule. The San Francisco Giants were no different.
The Giants will open the 2021 schedule on April 1 in Seattle against the Mariners. They’ll host the Colorado Rockies on April 9 at Oracle Park.
The season is set to finish up Oct. 3 following a three game season with the Padres.
SF Giants 2021 schedule
MLB’s timing on this is a little strange. Usually schedules are announced much later in the year than this. For some reason, MLB saw fit to give us not one, but two schedules in the same week.
Surely it’s not to distract us with a shiny object so we don’t notice the testing protocol for COVID has led to confusion and results running several days late. Right?
A few more highlights worth noting:
- The Giants will play an exhibition series with the A’s at the end of March.
- This is set to be the 12th straight season the Giants will open on the road.
- The Giants and Dodgers don’t meet for the first time until May 21 at Oracle Park. The Dodgers host 10 of the 19 games, but none after July 22. Last last series scheduled is Sept. 3-5.
- Mike Trout’s LA Angels will be in town May 31-June 1.
- Madison Bumgarner’s Arizona Diamondbacks will be in town June 14-17, Aug. 10-11, and Sept. 28-30.
There’s a lot that will be decided between now and the 2021 season. Like if there will actually be a 2020 season at all. And whether it will be safe to have fans at games in 2021.
But until then, it’s OK to take out your pencil and start to make some plans. Just be sure you’ve got a good eraser.