San Francisco Giants: A hypothetical response to Ohtani’s questionnaire
The San Francisco Giants should be interested in Shohei Ohtani. It would be foolish if they weren’t. Ohtani and his team sent out a questionnaire to all MLB teams on why he should be a fit there. So we decided to fill it out ourselves.
The San Francsico Giants are hot on the tails in pursuit of Giancarlo Stanton. But he’s not the only big name they could be pursuing. Shohei Ohtani is coming to the MLB this season. Bobby Evans would be stupid to not get the Giants in the mix. After all, they’re handicapped to only a 300k bonus. But Ohtani has made it clear it’s not about the money, it’s about the situation. That vaults the Giants back into contention. Now the Ohtani negotiation team has sent out a questionnaire to all 30 big league teams.
The questionnaire serves to prove that Ohtani certainly isn’t looking to make a quick buck. He wants to be in the right situation, with the right team, in the right city. Here are the questions that teams must answer, courtesy of Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times:
- Evaluate Shohei Ohtani’s talent as a hitter and pitcher
- Discuss Player Development, medical, training and player performances philosophies and capabilities
- Discuss Major League, Minor League, and Spring Training Facilities
- Resources for Cultural Assimilation
- A detailed plan for integrating Ohtani into the organization
- Why the city and franchise are a desirable place to play
- Relevant marketplace characteristics
So this is going to be a doozy, but we’re fully confident that the Giants could likely just copy and paste our article (and give credit!!!), send it to Ohtani, and walk away winners of the Shohei Ohtani sweepstakes.