Augusta’s Matt Duffy tags out Adalberto Mondesi as Mondesi is caught stealing on the throw from catcher Eric Sim with one out in the third inning. (Photo / Jon-Michael Sullivan)
“Down On The Farm” is a recap of all the San Francisco Giants Minor League affiliates. Here is the rundown of the standings, highlights, and prospects from the Giants’ farm system as of June 16, 2014.
Fresno Grizzlies (Triple-A ) 36-36, 3rd in Pacific Coast League Pacific Southern
- Mark Minicozzi (3B) is still leading the Grizzlies in batting average with a .351 and .450 OBP.
- Joe Panik (2B) is continuing to have an excellent season. In 277 at bats, he has a .313 with 5 home runs and 46 RBIs.
- Adam Duvall (3B) already has an incredible 21 HRs with 62 RBIs in 231 at bats.
- Gary Brown‘s (CF) average has lowered to a .267 and has only 7 stolen bases and 11 caught stealing.
- Jason Berken still has the most wins for the Grizzlies with a record of 7-6, but his ERA has climbed to a 4.80.
- Chris Heston looks to be the most reliable starter so far this season and is 6-3 with a 3.88 ERA.
- Heath Hembree continues as the Grizzlies closer and has 12 saves with a 3.51 ERA.
- Dan Runzler has been fantastic this season and holds a 1.15 ERA in 31.1 innings pitched.
- George Kontos has returned to Fresno with Santiago Casilla coming off the disabled list yesterday.
Recent Fresno Grizzlies transactions:
[table id=28 /]
Richmond Flying Squirrels (Double-A) 39-28, 1st in the Eastern League Western
- Venezuelan catcher Eliezer Zambrano leads the team in batting average with a .344 in 64 at bats.
- Matt Duffy (SS) has an impressive .340 batting average in 241 at bats. He has 2 home runs but leads the team with 41 RBIs. He also has 17 stolen bases and has only been caught stealing 3 times.
- Mario Lisson (3B) and Angel Villalona (1B) lead the team with 8 home runs each, Lisson has 34 RBIs and Villalona has 41 (tied with Duffy for most on the team).
- Tyler Graham (OF) is also having an excellent season with a team high of 30 stolen bases and a .291 batting average in 213 at bats.
- Jack Snodgrass (LHP) is a 7-0 with a 2.53 ERA for Richmond this season.
- Kyle Crick (RHP) has also found his groove after a rough start this year and is 4-2 with a 3.89 ERA.
- Derek Law has 13 saves on the year and is currently on the DL with elbow tightness. His last game was June 8 against Reading.
- Cody Hall has been the team’s closer with Law being injured and has 5 saves and a 3.30 ERA. Two of those saves were on June 14 and June 15 against New Hampshire.
[table id=29 /]
San Jose Giants (Class A-Advanced) 34-36, 4th place in California League North
- Blake Miller (1B) leads the Giants in batting average with a .31 in 244 at bats. He has 7 home runs this year and leads the team with 52 RBIs.
- Mitch Delfino (3B) leads the team with 9 home runs and an impressive .285 batting average in 270 at bats (most plate appearances for San Jose so far this season).
- Jesus Galindo (CF) leads the Giants with 20 steals but 11 caught stealing. He has a .283 batting average with 2 home runs and 15 RBIs.
- San Jose’s starting pitching hasn’t been stellar with Chris Stratton (4-6, 4.43 ERA) Kendry Flores (3-4, 5.19 ERA) and Pat Young (5-2, 5.19 ERA) all inflating their ERAs recently.
- Joe Kurrasch is the one exception, the LHP is 5-1 with a 1.74 ERA in 41.1 innings pitched.
- Steven Okert leads the Giants in saves with 19 this season and a 1.57 ERA.
Augusta Greenjackets (Class-A) 15-20, 5th place in South Atlantic League Southern
- The Greenjackets don’t have any offensive players with a batting average over .282.
- Ryder Jones has made 21 errors at 3B this season but leads the team with 35 RBIs.
- Top prospect Christian Arroyo (SS) is only batting .203 this season with one home run and 14 RBIs.
The Salem Keizer Volcanoes have played three games in the short season that began this month, they lost all three games and are 0-3.