2 of 3
SF Giants Position Players
- Buster Posey – Snickers: Posey is ‘ol reliable just like Snickers. The taste never disappoints and it is really the face of Halloween candy.
- Brandon Belt – Skittles: If Olive Garden bottomless breadsticks were an acceptable choice for Halloween candy, then this would be it for Belt. That said, I feel like he would go against the grain with candy. Skittles are no one’s favorite Halloween treat, so it would only make sense that the long-time first baseman would have Skittles atop his list.
- Donovan Solano – Baby Ruth: Once the SF Giants get their act together and build a Donovan Solano Statue, naming a candy after him is the next step. Baby Ruth is the logical choice for now. Though, it bears mentioning that Baby Ruth is not named after Babe Ruth. I know. It is shocking, but look it up.
- Brandon Crawford – Twix: Twix is one of the more aesthetically-pleasing candies. With its wavy texture that reminds us of Crawford’s curvy locks and its perfect shape, everything about it is so effortless.
- Evan Longoria – Milky Way: Milky Way is not the best candy out there, but it gets the job done. On Halloween night, that is really all that counts.
- Wilmer Flores – M&M’s: Flore’s walkup music is the well-known theme song from Friends. M&M’s are likable and the candy you can easily share with your friends. With that in mind, Flores and M&M’s seem like an appropriate match.
- Alex Dickerson – 3 Muskateers: 3 Muskateers is a controversial piece of candy. Many despise it, even though it is delicious. That is not why I am assigning it to the Giants left fielder. This is referencing his historic, three-home run night in Coors Field in 2020.
- Mauricio Dubon – KitKat: KitKat’s are Halloween’s friendliest candy. You open the packaging, and you now have enough for you and three of your closest friends. You are now the most popular kid on the block. Dubon seems to have the same persona when he is on a baseball field.
- Mike Yastrzemski – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: This is an easy one. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are the best candy out there (I had four cups last night). Yastrzemski is the best player on the Giants roster. Easy peasy.
- Austin Slater – Hershey’s Bar: The Hershey’s Bar packaging is polite, respectful, and does not let you down. It tells you that it is a good candy, but it does not scream at you to buy it. That is Slater. The Stanford University product is unassuming and he always represents himself well.