Grandaddy of Them All: SP Madison Bumgarner
Even though MadBum has looked shaky at times in 2019, there will still be a large contingent of teams interested in acquiring him.
More from Around the Foghorn
- SF Giants: Does Thairo Estrada have a role in 2022?
- SF Giants activate Alex Wood, option Sammy Long, and DFA Chadwick Tromp
- SF Giants: Hard-throwing reliever could be key in playoffs
- SF Giants: Kevin Gausman’s sacrifice fly leads to walk-off win
- SF Giants activate 2B Donovan Solano, option Thairo Estrada
He has shown better form as of late, and he would be a huge get for a playoff team in need of an experienced ace. Plus, his playoff record speaks for itself.
There is no question that Bumgarner will draw the most interest and is the most appealing trade candidate that the team possesses.
The Giants are going to have to make a decision as to whether trading a fan favorite is worth alienating part of the fan base for whatever they can get in return.
Depending on how desperate or how cunning Farhan Zaidi is, the Giants could get a nice package in exchange for Bumgarner.
One would think they could get a solid prospect as well as decent big league talent, but a lot will depend on where the market is at and the depth of the farm system of the team involved.
As a fan who has seen Bumgarner’s greatness, it would break my heart to see him go.
But if Zaidi decides it is best for the team in the long run to trade him, then we all must prepare ourselves for that possibility.