More from Around the Foghorn
- SF Giants: The closer of the present and future has arrived
- BOGO 50% off on San Francisco Giants shirts at BreakingT
- SF Giants: Brandon Belt hits IL with fractured thumb
- SF Giants: 2021 team is approaching franchise milestone
- SF Giants: Brandon Belt is a qualifying offer candidate
One of the best free agent signings for the Giants in 2018 was Holland, who has been one of their most consistent starters.
Like McCutchen, Holland is a pitcher the Giants may want to have back in 2019, and trading the soon to be free agent would not prohibit that. But just like Cutch, Holland could net a return of a couple of pieces that would add more depth to the system.
There are other Giants that might create a huge return and others that might be nice to get off the books, but the Giants will not consider a complete rebuild.
What they should consider is a few strategic moves to add multiple minor leaguers to the organization, while also opening up spots for their other young players.
Holland opens a spot back up for Chris Stratton who had some strong starts in the first half.
If the Giants do go after some big fish in the off-season, they will need to have a clearer picture on who already in the organization is ready for 2019.