Christian Arroyo Q&A: Interview with San Francisco Giants 2013 No. 1 Draft Pick
By Vince Cestone
San Francisco Giants 2013 No. 1 draft pick Christian Arroyo is in his third professional season with the team and is playing in his first year with Class-A San Jose.
The 20-year-old infielder from Florida is playing mostly at shortstop for the SJ Giants, hitting .283 with two home runs and a .321 on-base percentage.
More from SF Giants News
- SF Giants: The closer of the present and future has arrived
- SF Giants: Brandon Belt hits IL with fractured thumb
- SF Giants: 2021 team is approaching franchise milestone
- SF Giants: Brandon Belt is a qualifying offer candidate
- SF Giants: Outfielder Ka’ai Tom signed to minors deal
Rated the No. 10 prospect in the organization this season by Baseball America, he was invited to join big-league camp as a non-roster invitee in Spring Training. He did well in Arizona, going 4-for-8 with three runs scored.
In this interview, Arroyo explains his keys to success, which Giants player he really looks up to, and why he chose to skip college ball.