Though he left Tuesday’s game in Arizona with a strained groin, Brandon Belt is feeling much better today, according to Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. Belt said that the MRI showed a very mild strain and he is optimistic that he will avoid the disabled list.
More from SF Giants News
- SF Giants: Reliever Reyes Moronta clears outright waivers
- SF Giants sign veteran 1B John Nogowski to minor league deal
- SF Giants call on veteran LHP Scott Kazmir for big start against Padres
- SF Giants: Update on Alex Dickerson’s rehab assignment
- Atlanta claims SF Giants C Chadwick Tromp off waivers
(flexor tendon) already hit the disabled list and it looks like
(back tightness) isn’t far behind him, so San Francisco needed good news on Belt. The first baseman won’t start tonight, but was listed an extra, via
Belt, 26, missed a couple months last year due to a fractured thumb and ended up slashing .243/.306/.449 with 12 home runs in 235 plate appearances. He accumulated a 116 wRC+ and 0.8 fWAR.
Chris Heston will start his second career game tonight in Arizona. He is coming off a good spring in which he posted a 2.40 ERA in 15 innings while striking out 10 and walking just one.