The San Francisco Giants have set their 25-man roster for the National League Wild Card game against the Pirates in Pittsburgh. They will carry 10 pitchers including Jake Peavy, Yusmeiro Petit, and Tim Lincecum. I wonder if the A’s and Royals’ game last night had any affect on the decision to carry 10 pitchers.
The roster for the Wild Card game:
Madison Bumgarner – LHP
Yusmeiro Petit – RHP
Jake Peavy – RHP
More from SF Giants Prospects
- SF Giants hitting prospects week in review (8/28-9/10)
- SF Giants farm system: Updated top 31 prospect rankings
- SF Giants pitching prospects week in review (8/22-8/28)
- SF Giants hitting prospects week in review (8/21-8/27)
- SF Giants top catching prospect Joey Bart activated off IL
Tim Lincecum – RHP
Santiago Casilla –RHP
Hunter Strickland – RHP
Sergio Romo – RHP
Jean Machi – RHP
Javier Lopez – LHP
Jeremy Affeldt -LHP
–Michael Morse does not make the roster as his oblique is still giving him trouble. If San Francisco wins, he will likely be on the NLDS roster if he’s somewhat healthy.
–Chris Dominguez, who started in left field against lefty starters for the last couple weeks of the season, is not on the roster. He had just one hit in 17 at-bats.
-Peavy is on the roster, despite pitching Sunday, just in case a Johnny Cueto situation happens (2012 NLDS forced to exit after he injured his oblique in the first inning).
-SIX ROOKIES. SIX. Strickland, Brown, Panik, Susac, Duvall, and Duffy. SIX.
– Three catchers on the roster so Bochy can use Susac without any hesitation, because they have an emergency catcher, Quiroz, on the bench.