San Francisco Giants Have Limited TV Schedule For Spring Training
February 16, 2013; Scottsdale, AZ, USA; San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey (28, center) leads catcher Jackson Williams (62, left) and catcher Hector Sanchez (29, right) to the field during spring training at Scottsdale Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
When you’re the World Champs, you tend to be plastered all over – though, for some reason, the San Francisco Giants aren’t exactly getting that treatment when it comes to television. Already lacking in national exposure, at least, given their second ring in just three seasons, with just 10 national broadcasts, catching the Giants during Spring wont be easy either.
Currently, only twelve of the San Francisco Giants’ scheduled 33 (not including the split squad) Spring Training games are to be aired – the vast majority on tape delay.
CSN Bay-Area plans to broadcast three games – MLB Network will broadcast 10 of the games, though the vast majority are tape delayed and already covered by another network – while NBC Bay Area will broadcast two.
You can get the TV schedule below:
- Feb 27 – @ LA Angels – MLBN (delay)
- Mar 12 – vs. San Diego – MLBN (delay)
- Mar 13 – @ Cincinnati – CSN Bay Area
- Mar 15 – vs. Texas – MLBN
- Mar 17 – vs. Colorado – MLBN (delay)
- Mar 19 – @ Seattle – NBC Bay Area/MLBN (delay)
- Mar 23 – vs. Oakland – MLBN (delay)
- Mar 24 – @ LA Angels – CSN Bay Area
- Mar 25 – @ Chicago Cubs – MLBN (delay)
- Mar 28 – vs. Oakland – MLBN (delay)
- Mar 29 – vs. Oakland – CSN Bay Area/MLBN
- Mar 30 – @ Oakland – NBC Bay Area/MLBN
All but four Spring games will be covered via radio, though, all four non-radio games will have TV coverage.