New York Mets fans had a little fun with Hunter Pence this weekend at CitiField in New York and made some of the best signs we’ve seen this year. Pence returned the favor with his bat, going 6-for-18 with 2 home runs, 2 triples, 2 doubles, and 7 RBIs.
If Mets fans are to be believed, then Hunter Pence is one disgusting human being. I mean, here’s the accusations they are making about Pence.
- Hunter Pence puts ketchup on his hot dog
- Hunter Pence eats pizza with a fork
- Hunter Pence can’t parallel park
- Hunter Pence likes Godfather 3
- Hunter Pence brings 13 items to the express lane
- Hunter Pence thinks Game of Thrones is just OK
- Hunter Pence can’t shuffle playing cards
- Hunter Pence whispers sorry when he catches a fly ball
I mean, ketchup on a hotdog? And I thought I knew Hunter Pence. Everyone knows you don’t put ketchup on a hotdog, even Dirty Harry.
Oh, man. They got him! http://t.co/9PEDUz0Ah7
— MLB GIFS (@MLBGIFs) August 2, 2014
— Cut4 (@Cut4) August 4, 2014
Of course, even if the facts are true, Pence didn’t seem too swayed by the signs. In fact, he was so pissed off about the Godfather one, that he tried to off the guys by hitting 2 home runs in that game.
In all seriousness though, I loved the signs. I thought it was a good, clean, way of trolling a player without it turning nasty or offensive. I think more fans should take note.
But you better believe, when the Mets come to San Francisco again, I’ll be there with my sign.
“You mean New York has more than ONE baseball team?!”