Yep. You read that correctly, Francisco Peguero is number 3 on this list. Why is it number 3 on the list. Well it meets many elements.
1) It was the last game of the season.
2) It was against the San Diego Padres and their closer Huston Street.
3) I was there and so were other people from the Around the Foghorn staff (including a very attractive editor)
4) The Giants were behind 6-2 during the majority of the game.
5) It tied the game and the Giants ultimately won the game.
This game was full of emotion. Madison Bumgarner was supposed to pitch but, Bochy opted to rest him for next year and pitch Buillermo Moscoso, who does what Moscoso does, walk people and allow hits. He walked the bases loaded in the top of the fifth inning. Bochy pulled him for rookie Jake Dunning who gave up a Grand Slam to Jedd Gyorko. However, unlike the Cincinnati Reds in 2012, the Giants were able chip away and tie it in the 9th inning and ultimately win the game.
So, how did the Giants tie the game. Francisco Peguero hit a home run against San Diego closer Huston Street. The Giants would load the bases after the home run and win the game on a Hunter Pence single to center field. What a way to end the season.