If you’re like me and you haven’t voted yet, maybe one of the most American way to start your July 4th is to vote for the All Stars. Buster Posey is probably your best case towards being a starter in the All Star Game. I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will represent the National League best, and do whatever you please with the American League.
Since you didn’t ask, here will be my ballot, made up of players I want to see play in the All Star Game at Citi Field on Tuesday, July 16th:
C Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
- Personal bias gives Posey slight edge over Yadier Molina, whom would be an excellent choice for starer, and has a slight edge over Posey for overall performance this year per fWAR
1B Joey Votto, Cincinnati Reds
- OBP reigns supreme for me over Paul Goldschmidt
2B Matt Carpenter, St. Louis Cardinals
- When the fWAR isn’t close, you go with Carpenter
3B David Wright, New York Mets
- This race also isn’t close. But stop calling him Captain America.
SS Everth Cabrera, San Diego Padres
- Exceptional defense and 31 SB make this my choice
OF Carlos Gomez, Milwaukee Brewers
- His all-or-nothing way of batting excites me, and the dude can cover some ground
OF Carlos Gonzalez, Colorado Rockies
- Giants got to see him recently, this guy has scary good talent, and is putting up the numbers to back it up
OF Yasiel Puig (write-in), Los Angeles Dodgers
- Maybe the most exciting player in the game right now
How do you like that, all from different teams. You’re more than welcome to tell me your ballot down below!