The San Francisco Giants broke out of their road trip slump and returned home to AT&T Park to shutout the Washington Nationals 8-0. However, it wasn’t all double rainbows in San Francisco tonight. Ryan Vogelsong left the game in the bottom of the 5th inning with a fractured right hand. Yep, the pitching hand.
But with all the bad news from the past week, let’s focus on the good tonight.
- Brandon Belt was a BEAST tonight going 4 for 5, including a home run out to the arcade, and scored 4 runs of the 8 runs tonight
- Andres Torres went 3 for 5, including a double
- Vogelsong had a sacrifice fly RBI before leaving the game
- Marco Scutaro extended his hot hitting streak, going 2 for 5
- The Giants accumulated 17 total hits, with 6 different players getting RBIs tonight
- Vogelsong pitched 5 good innings, giving up only 3 hits and 1 walk
I will mention the the Giants defense wasn’t flawless tonight, with Scutaro giving up an error early in the game.
Vogelsong gets the much needed win (despite him leaving the game), and Jeremy Affeldt gets the save after an 1-2-3 9th inning.